The Border Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Adventure Awaits!

2 posters

Go down

Your Adventure Awaits! Empty Your Adventure Awaits!

Post by Arctic Wolf Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:02 am

In the beginning........
Arctic Wolf
Arctic Wolf
Admin

http://tbrdnd.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Your Adventure Awaits! Empty Re: Your Adventure Awaits!

Post by wolfwillbiteyou Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:35 am

A thick white misty fog envelopes the town of Hope like a white blanket. You stand atop a rocky cliff jutting gnoll hill looking out on a view of the whole town leaning on one knee to rest from the long journey. The early autumn crisp cool breeze ruffles your hair and cloak and some mixed colored green, yellow, and orange leaves float by in the chilly autumn wind. Your horse whinnies and snorts and stomps the ground seemingly nervous of the eerie surroundings. The sun rises above the far off tall evergreen trees apon a hill at the foot of a mountain range in the distance. The sun sparkles and breaks through the fog like a gleaming sword of light as it rises. Smoke rises from the many chimneys of the mainly wooden log cabins and some stone block structures that dot the town as it is laid out before you. Peasants and horses make their way through dirt paths and cobblestone streets going about their routine morning chores. Hope is waking up as you arrive.

You wonder what lies in the jagged mountains beyond as they rise into the clear crisp blue fall sky. White long thin cold clouds stretch across the light blue sky here and there as the sun slowly rises. You shiver slightly in the morning autumn chill but already feel the warm yellow sun rays starting to chase the chill away slowly. You have been sent to bring hope back to Hope, so to speak. For Hope is not the grand bustling town it once was years past. The story, however, is a long one.....

wolfwillbiteyou

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfwillbiteyou Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:30 pm

You make your way down the craggy hill top that overlooks the town leading your horse. The horse is a trsuted steed that has carried you far but he whinnies and snorts as you enter the town. Off in the distance you see it... The bridge. On the other edge of town a long wooden covered bridge traverses a river leading into town. The dirt road winds off into the wilderness and through a rocky mountain pass you see in the distance. Now you see its importance. It is the only exit of the town through that mountain range. Even as the sun shines warming the town still a shadow seems to keep a hold of that bridge as if fighting off the light itself. You make your way into the bustling town holding your horse's reigns going over the story of the haunting in your head again... It all started 32 years ago they say........

wolfwillbiteyou

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfwillbiteyou Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:19 pm

Hey Eric I ordered a brand new phone, the Samsung J7 so my phone is off till it comes in, should be by this Thursday or sooner, then I'll text you with my new number. If you been texting I haven't got them sorry, I'll text you soon as it comes in. Smile woo hoo new phone. Smile

wolfwillbiteyou

Back to top Go down

Your Adventure Awaits! Empty First Adventure Choice...

Post by wolfwillbiteyou Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:03 am

As you lead your horse down the rocky grassy embankment down the dirt path into the brick streets of the bustling town you notice the large old cemetary on the hill overlooking the bridge.  The cold misty fog still hangs over the headstones that dot the metal fenced in cemetary.  It has a part in the story as well they say.  Many old rock headstones dot the dirt hill that makes up the large cemetary. The headstones range in various sizes some even alongside mosques with stone doors locked shut.  Some are small and even broken with age. Townfolk say that cemetary is over 400 years old. You get an idea as you lead your horse along the cobblestone streets and a group of peasant children rush by playing with wooden swords and giggling. They stop seeing you and stare in awe... an adventurer has arrived in town and your appearance sort of stands out.  You smile at them then... you notice a dark cloaked figure standing atop the hill of the cemetary far off on the other side of town!  "Are you a real prince?" asks a little blond haired girl of the group of children.  You smile at her but study the dark humanoid shape standing atop the hill of the cemetary. The bridge blocks the view of some of the cemetary but most of it is visible. You are sure the figure was not there moments ago and... he.. she.. or it.. is staring right at you...  It is dressed eloquently in near royal clothes but all in black. And tattered a bit you can tell even from this distance, like a traveler dressed for a  King's ball or something... You politely silence the children staring back at the figure and it turns very slowly and walks into the mist further back in the cemetary and fades into the mist.  You saw it had tall dark boots and a long cape with a hood. The hood was down but you could not make out the face from this distance.  It moved with hardly a whisper of noise and it seemed to know you had arrived.. and why... You seek to end the curse.  Maybe you should check out the bridge or cemetary while the sun is up first. You were to head to Grandma Betsy Ross's cabin to meet with her for breakfast to talk of the legend of the Curse of Hope. Betsy is the best cook in town they say and her letters said she was eager to cook you a breakfast you'd never forget for the new hero sent to lift the curse.  I shouldn't keep breakfast.. err. I mean Betsy waiting you think. But it wouldn't take long to get to the bridge and cemetary from here.  "Are you ok sir?" asks the little girls brother as he tugs on your cloak taking you out of your trance of staring at the bridge and cemetary... What to do what to do, hmm?  Wink

wolfwillbiteyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Arctic Wolf Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:37 am

I'll play it safe and head to Bettsy's place to find out more information and might even ask around a bit with the townsfolk to see what they know. So i'll use what light i have left of the day to inquire about this curse, then rest in town for the night. I'll head out first thing in the morning with the proper provisions, but where depends on what info i collect from the townsfolk.
Arctic Wolf
Arctic Wolf
Admin

http://tbrdnd.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfwillbiteyou Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:12 am

You smile and thank the peasant children on the way through the streets toward Betsys large lavish log cabin near the center of town. Most of her family own the town. The Ross Family. They are highly regarded and respected. And very generous to what they own and those who work for them, which is probably nearly 70% of =the businesses in town. The kids follow you with glee playing with wooden swords along the walk as you lead your horse. Your arrival was announced as your church is held in high regards by the town. You were sent by your clery pastor to help (if you still want to be a paladin, if not ignore that sentence, lol).

"Come here my friend!" says a male giddy voice with a heavy Irish accent. (yes this village motif is based on an Irish town). My name is Ragdin Sterling. I was given specifc instructions to house your steed for you and provide you with any provisions you might need for your week stay in town. Betsy knows you have arrived, word travels swiftly here trust me." He winks beneathe red bushy eye brows. His cheek bone red beard makes makes him appear as a giant leprchaun complete with the green vest though he is clearly human.

Looking in the log cabin type floor to ceiling windows you can see normal town provisions lining the walls and shelves inside as well as average sdavnturing gear hanging from the walls inside.

"I was informed by Betsy to give you good deals on any equipment you might need... including this small bag of salt sir." He tosses you a small brown dice bag size of salt tied on the top. You catch it with one hand peering at it then him. "As my great Grandfather Segel always said... Two items are the bane of the undead.. salt and natural running water." He winks.

"Betsy is finishing the final touches on your meal... You wont be disappointed trust me." He gestures a few streets away upon a hill where Betsy's grand estate fancy log cabin sits. Smoke rises from the multiple brick chimneys and you can even picture here cooking as he speaks. She asked me to stop you and let you purchase what you need. "She will wait for you. What say you my friend? Enter my shop to get equipped. " He smiles holding a broom leaning on it.

You can enter to buy your stuff for your character here, standard players from the players book if you wish. Or you can politely decline and keep going... Smile The kids rush in gleefully checking out the goods and making their way to the multi colored glass vials of candy they begin to anxiously count their copper coins.... You glance at Betsy's estate in the distance and then the dark wooden covered bridge in the distance that is still swirled in white dense mist....What say you? Wink

wolfwillbiteyou

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfwillbiteyou Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:07 pm

As you are considering entering the shop to stock up on supplies for the adventure ahead suddenly a female scream splits the morning air. An echoing scream that comes from the wooden covered bridge itself... some peasants stop on the streets turning to look. Footsteps can be heard running inside the bridge but of course you cant see what is happening... then... hoof sounds on wood... galloping.. chasing perhaps... in broad daylight?? perhaps someone is.. in trouble.. Wink

wolfwillbiteyou

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfwillbiteyou Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Drawing a map before I continue to post again. Will post soon and the adventure will continue... Smile Tara playing, hmm? Smile

wolfwillbiteyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum